Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm Back Now

Okay, so you may have noticed that I haven't been writing anything for the last week or so.  The contributing factors to this were numerous. 

Last week we were getting ready for my parents to come for a visit, and for my 17-year-old nephew to come for an extended visit.  At the same time, the internet stopped working.  Actually, I only thought it stopped working.  In reality, the internet search engine "Google Chrome" stopped working.  I finally figured that out, and went back to "Internet Explorer", which is unfortunate because I like the other one better. 

By then my parents had already arrived.  We spent most of the day on Friday at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs (which is THE coolest zoo and I HIGHLY recommend it). 

Then on Saturday my mom and went out to lunch and shopping for a little mother-daughter quality time. 

Sunday we had church and dedicated all three of our boys.  Later that night we introduced my parents to The Rio, which I have come to love, and I think they do too now. 

Monday, I went up to Estes Park (they like to pronouce it "Estees" because they are from Ohio). 

Tuesday we had a big cookout, and today they are flying home. 

Meanwhile, my niece, nephew, brother-in-law and his dad also arrived Friday night, and they also left today, except for my nephew who is staying the rest of the summer.  I'm happy he's staying, although I'm sure it will be a change to have a teenager around here all the time. 

I was sad to see my niece leave, though.  She is basically my twin.  It is almost scary how much alike we are, especially since we live in different states and see each other less than once a year.  I really enjoyed having her around the last few days. Maybe in a year or two she will be the one staying for the summer.

So that is basically what has been going on around here lately.  Now that things are semi-back-to-normal, hopefully I will get back to writing every day like I'm supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment