Friday, June 18, 2010

Sublime Aquaintance

We're friends that are more like strangers

Sun and moon aquaintances

Politely sharing orbit

We smile and nod       
         
                 smile and nod

                           smile and nod

As we pass by with all the niceties observed

And cordial phrases uttered at timely moments

Oh, what a lovely game of pretend

Like little girls sitting down to a tea party

But the tea is only water

For we couldn't handle anything stronger

Or we might break

I could say that I adore you

I only wish I didn't find you

           so profoundly inaccessible

We have everything in common

And nothing to talk about

It's fortunate we are forced to share the sky

Else we might never be friends

For now you can just be

My sublime aquaintance

No comments:

Post a Comment