Friday, January 11, 2013

Life As I Know It

Obviously it has been a while since the last time I wrote anything. But rather than wallow in guilt over not writing every day like I meant to, I'm going to just keep going. Here is what has been happening in my life since I last wrote:
 
We all got sick. Last Saturday we all laid around and watched TV in the morning (except Aaron who was at work) and then all fell asleep on the couch in the afternoon because we were sick. It started out with high temperatures and exhaustion, and then morphed into coughs and stuffy noses.
 
I was so relieved when Aaron got home from work that night! I felt so tired that even carrying Lily sounded like too much (and if you know anything about Lily, she is hardly a weighty creature!). He totally saved the day-- he figured out dinner, got everyone fed, and sent me off to bed early while he took care of the kids.
 
The next day I felt a lot better. I tried to take it easy because that night the Season Premier of Downton Abbey was showing at the Kress (this neat little theater downtown, in case you don't know), and I really, really, REALLY wanted to go. Happily, I was able to go with some really wonderful friends and, in spite of being a little tired and a little sneezy/runny/stuffy nosed, had a lot of fun.
 
After that, I suppose I just got caught up in life, running around, sick kids, Aaron's days off, etc. Tuesday night I had a hard time sleeping because I suddenly became itchy all over, and on Wednesday I went to my Prenatal check-up feeling rather on the wretched side. I mentioned my various ailments, hoping for some kind of relief, but apparently most of how I feel right now is from just being pregnant, and I will just have to wait it out.
 
The good news is that I only have two months or less before the baby comes! Surely I can endure being tired, huge, and itchy, my arms feeling like they are falling asleep, and my legs feeling like they may just detach and go their own way at any time for a couple months right?!? Women have been doing this for thousands of years, they say....

No comments:

Post a Comment