Friday, January 15, 2010

Eventfully Uneventful

For the people of our little family, this day has been both eventful and uneventful.

For Aaron, the day began quite eventfully this morning when he got two wisdom teeth pulled.  However, the rest of his day was rather uneventful, as he had to spend most of it in bed and on the couch, and is living off of milkshakes, pudding, and V8 juice.

For Malachi this day probably seemed very eventful because he got to bundle up and go outside, which he hasn't done in ages.  Also, Daddy was home, and had his teeth in a little envelope which he showed to both boys.  And at the end of the day, he got to leave on a trip to Kansas with his grandma and papaw for the weekend.

For Izzy, the day was probably fairly uneventful, unless you count him throwing himself on the floor, kicking and screaming because he wanted food and I offered him a  banana, an event.

Simeon had a fairly average day, but I suppose for a baby, small things like getting to try out some oranges and chocolate pudding (thanks to Daddy), and almost getting off the floor to crawl, might seem pretty eventful.

For me, it was a strangely normal and yet very abnormal day.  Aaron was home, but it was like he wasn't because he was semi-incapacitated.  So I did all the things I normally do, except that when I put the boys down, I got to go out and get some milkshakes (I had to have one too, of course) and various other liquidy things.  It was a momentary liberation that I normally don't get during the day--going somewhere--alone!

And that was our eventfully, uneventful day.

1 comment:

  1. Wish your blog had a "like" hand sign. If it did, I would click it.

    ReplyDelete