Friday, April 23, 2010

God Calling

When I was a little girl, I would hear my mom talk about God, and how He spoke to her.  Because of her, I knew that God was real, and I wanted so badly to know Him, and to hear Him speak to me also.  Most of my life, I struggled with this.  I was never sure if He was really speaking to me or if I was just imagining things.  Looking back, I am so thankful, because I realize that I don't worry about that anymore.  Sometimes I do have doubts, but usually, I know when God is speaking to me.  It's just a matter of listening.

A couple of years ago, God showed me something about hearing His voice.  It is just like a friendship.  When you first meet someone and become friends, they might call you on the phone.  When you answer, you won't immediately recognize their voice because you just met them and you don't know them well.  As time goes on, and you know each other better and better.  Then if they call, you won't even ask who it is, you'll just know.  You will recognize their voice.  It is the same with God.  The longer you are in relationship with Him, looking for Him, and listening for Him, the easier it is to hear His voice and know that it's Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment