Monday, February 1, 2010

An Izzy Day

For part of today Malachi was gone and I just had Izzy and Simeon.  Today, Izzy was full of funny little things.  I found him in the kitchen with one of Daddy's socks and a screwdriver. "This is broken," he told me, "I gotta fix it."  He was trying to put the screwdriver through a hole in the sock.  "Well, honey, you can't fix socks with screwdrivers."  Never thought I would have a reason to say that.  And of course, his response was, "Why?"

Later, we were watching Stuart Little, but Izzy had wandered from it.  I made him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and he told me, "I don't want to watch 'Stupid Liggle', Mom."

For dinner we went to Aaron's parents house, and my mother-in-law had honey sticks.  The boys thought they were just the best thing ever.  Izzy kept asking if he could have more "plastics".  We kept trying to figure out what that meant and finally realized he was talking about the honey sticks.

And tonight while I was in the bathroom with him, helping him brush his teeth, he was standing on the edge of the tub talking to me and said, "When Daddy gives me a bath, he does."  He paused.  "And when drinks come out, they do."  He was actually talking about the bottles of bodywash and the soap coming out...I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment