Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's All Part of Being a Woman

If you are a guy, I'll warn you now, you may want to skip this one.

I'm glad I'm a woman, but sometimes it is not fun.  Sometimes hormones make us crazy.  I don't like being crazy.  Not like that anyway. Dye-your-hair-pink-crazy is good.  Get-mad-about-weird-things-that-don't-matter-crazy is bad.

I have definitely been feeling a little hormonal, a little crazy, the last few days.  I have been annoyed at the smallest things.  I have gotten unreasonably angry at my husband.  I've been grumpy.  I've been irritable, and probably irritating to my aforementioned husband.  I think most people who know me would say that usually I am pretty laid back.  And there was a time when I prided myself on the fact that I didn't get mad about silly little things (like Aaron saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, even though I knew he didn't mean it the way it sounded).  But that was a long time ago.  You know, like last week.  This week I have become some sort of "zilla".  Mom-zilla or wife-zilla or just Tammy-zilla.  However you want to look at it, I have definitely become something resembling a giant destructive monster.

The other day Aaron asked me if there were any funny parts in the book I was reading.  We were in the car at the time and the kids were making a lot of noise, so when I answered and tried to tell him about a part that I thought was humorous, he was distracted and didn't laugh or really respond at all.  Normally, I would have just blown it off.  I would have understood that he was distracted by the shouting of the children in the back seat.  But on this particular day, and at this particular time, I got annoyed instead.  I had a feeling of "Oh, I cannot believe he is not listening to me!"  Which is foolish.  I'm not sure he could even hear me in all that racket, let alone listen to me.  That's what hormones will do.  They make you feel and think things that make no sense.

What's worse is that I know how stupid it all is.  I know I'm overreacting.  I know I'm being unreasonable.  But I can't help myself.  It's like I'm looking at myself and thinking, "Tammy, this is silly."  But I can't seem to do anything different.  It's the curse of being a woman.  At at time like this, the only prayer that makes sense is, have mercy!  The good news is, "this too shall pass."

Well, now that I have bared my insanity for all to see, I just have one more thing to add.  I know what you're thinking, but no, I am not pregnant!

2 comments:

  1. i've been kinda grumpy the past couple of days. like a bratty little kid without her nap. maybe it is the change in barometric pressure. yeah, i think that must be it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it must surely be the weather!

    ReplyDelete