Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Money Conversion

I went to MOPS today, where they talked about finances.  Honestly, the thought of talking about finances is not so appealing to me.  And listening to someone else talk about it is an equally exciting prospect.  However, it turned out to be much better than I would have thought; very interesting and interactive.  I found out about a few websites that help with saving and budgeting, which for some strange reason caused me to eagerly check into online budgeting when I got home.  In any case, I thought I would share the information I got today, along with some I already had about online resources for saving money etc.

The first is a website, recommended by Dave Ramsey, which helps to save money on groceries, and also will help if you ever feel like you're stuck in a rut when it comes to meal ideas.  We've been using it for about a month, and I love it.  Every meal I have tried has been delicious.  You can check it out at www.e-mealz.com.

Next is a website having to do with building up your savings account.  I have not personally tried it yet, but it was one that was recommended today: www.ing.com.

Lastly, you can try online budgeting at www.mint.com or if that doesn't float your boat, you can google "budget planning" and take your pick.  That's what I did, and found there are actually many sites to choose from. 

Well, I hope that you find this helpful.  I definitely did.  But let me just say now that this is probably going to be one of the few times I EVER write about money in this way.  I'm a spender, not a saver...but I'm trying to convert.

No comments:

Post a Comment